Classes of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is connected with depositing and/or sharing specific web content on a server administered by a hosting distributor. There are various varieties of hosting services utilized for different ends, so let's have a glimpse at them. In that way, you can decide what you need, depending on whether you wish to have a web site, mail accounts, or to share files with pals and associates.
- File hosting: a solution made available by some hosts, which permits you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its only aim is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free file hosting services often include advertisements by the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a specific spell of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file storage package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly twisted explanation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would allocate the workload between separate groups of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending different webspace hosting services (email, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web space hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is only a variety of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; some vendors offer a hosting solution for images only. This hosting kind is good if you would like to share a large amount of pics with chums or partners since the solution is usually free. You will obtain a random link for each pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service committed to tackling your e-mail addresses. Some companies provide web hosting solutions for web pages, but do not offer an e-mail hosting service. If you would like to have a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to run a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can create mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video clip generates a given amount of CPU load, so with a few videos and a few hundred site visitors, you may have trouble with your web hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will permit you to run as many video clips as you wish without hassling about system supplies.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you need if you wish to keep a site. To a certain degree, it incorporates all of the aforesaid hosting varieties since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can set up databases and e-mail address accounts, upload videos, etc. At esPROes Hosting, for instance, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated hosting solutions that allow you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in a single location. There may be limitations depending on the type of hosting solution that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web space hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are created for specific content only.